How to Build a Brand Reputation that Distinguishes You From Your Competition.
The photo booth market is getting more crowded, and the competition is getting fiercer. How is it that we are able to stay ahead of the rest of the pack and show customers why they should choose us instead of the other guys? The answer is in our branding. I am writing this article to explain in detail how to build a brand reputation that can distinguish you from your competitors.
We want you to be successful with your photo booth business.
At Photo Booth Advice, we like to get our information from the best. That is why we studied the top brands in the world to see exactly what people respond to, then tested it in the photo booth market to find out what works the best in our industry. What we ended up finding were a few key elements that are working best today, and they are a great place to start spending more time and energy.
Here are the key elements that need to be focused on in order to make sure you have a truly stellar brand reputation.
How to Get Great Reviews on Google and Yelp
If you haven’t put energy into gaining high quality reviews for your business, you are missing out on a ton of business. Studies indicate that a majority of people will now conduct research on a company before hiring them. What does this mean?
- Make sure your Yelp page looks great, all of your information is correct, and that you have added some great photos. The same applies for all the other review websites you want to target including google. The reviews will come automatically assuming you do a great job, which leads us to point number 2 on reviews.
- Do an outstanding job. A good principle to live by in life and in business is to always do a little bit extra every time. A small little extra minute or 2 of your time that goes above and beyond the call of duty for what you are hired for will go a long way in the minds of your customers. This can mean the difference between an amazing review, and no review posted at all. If you go the extra mile, your customers will ask you where they can leave you an awesome review.
- You can gain your initial reviews by sending out a newsletter to your customers a week or two after the event to ask them for their advice on how you could have made their experience even better, and emphasize that their opinion is extremely important to you. At the end you can add a link that asks if they were pleased with your service, if they would leave a nice review for you on Yelp, Google, or Wedding Wire, or wherever you want to target at the time.
- You can handle negative reviews by reaching out to the people directly through email. Don’t argue with them, in fact agree with what they are saying and sympathize with them and work out how it will never happen again. Maybe offer them something in exchange for their forgiveness. After you work it out with them and they are happy again, mention that your reviews are how you get business and ask if they might consider reconsidering their rating of your company.
How to Improve Your Brand Image
The rest of your brand’s image comes from two different elements.
The first one is your actual branding. This means your company colors, your logo, and all of the physical and digital elements of your brand’s assets.
What I will mention here though is a couple of things to consider when looking at branding.
- Consider the types of people who you are selling to. What are their interests? What kinds of colors speak to them. Are they very elegant, or more down to earth? Answers to these questions are very useful when choosing the colors and design of your different printed materials, emails, website, and advertisements.
- Make sure that you have your brand assets up to par with these ideals. Every interaction that a customer has with your photo booth business should be completely branded. This includes everything that they touch on paper, and see on their screen (Social Media). It even includes your booth at wedding expos and even events themselves.
Here are some things you will need:
- Have your social media profiles completely filled up including the description, make sure your logo is your profile picture. Make sure your header is properly formatted and looks professional. Make sure your posts are relevant to who you are selling to and your brand’s image.
- Have an excellent website that not only looks great on both desktop and mobile, but is SEO friendly too so that people can find you.
- Make sure that you are listed properly on Google, Yelp, Weddingwire, and other listing services that you want to use.
- Ask people what they think about your materials, including friends and family. Sometimes people around us will have better ideas and might have ideas that can help us out.
- Get props that are in alignment with your brand’s image, and design your set up to match that same image. You want people to feel something unique when they use your service that they can’t get anywhere else.
Check our latest product here.
It is worth noting that the most important thing to your brands interaction with your customers is your representatives. That includes either you, or someone you have hired. Your brand ambassador needs to be positive, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile. The colors, logo, presentation of your set up, and services will add to the emotion of the moment. The interaction with your representatives is what your clients will remember though.
If you enjoyed this article and would like to receive our newest articles designed to provide you with the photo booth edge, sign up for our mailing list to get the latest in your inbox.